Nebula Graph v2.0.0 rc1 Release Note

We are happy to announce that Nebula Graph v2.0.0 rc1 has just been released!

In this version, Integer type VertexID is now supported. Please note that Nebula Graph v1.x cannot be directly upgraded to v2.x due to data and schema compatibility issues. The dev team is working on this to ensure a smoother upgrade experience.

New Features

Changelog

How to Upgrade

Please note that you cannot directly upgrade to Nebula Graph v2.0.0-beta from Nebula Graph 1.x. Follow the steps below to upgrade:

1. Stop all Nebula services
    – Execute scripts/nebula.service stop all on each machine
    – Execute scripts/nebula.service status all to confirm all services are stopped
  2. Install the new RPM package on each machine according to the OS you are using
    – Get package: https://github.com/vesoft-inc/nebula-graph/releases/tag/v2.0.0-rc1
    – Uninstall the original RPM package rpm -e nebula-graph-2.0.0-alpha.el6.x86_64.rpm
    – Install package: rpm -Uvh nebula-graph-2.0.0-rc1.el6.x86_64.rpm
  3. Start Nebula
    – Execute scripts/nebula.service start all on each machine
    – Execute scripts/nebula.service status all to confirm Nebula services are started on each machine

If you encounter any problem during the upgrade, please feel free to leave your comment below!

This version supports int64 as vertexid but what about int128? It’s needed for storing a UUID in a more compact way then a string. Could you support it too?

I read that support of transactions expected to come in v2. Will it be ready after final release of v2? Same question for nodejs client.

Will it support prepared statements like other DBMS? I want to use them in order to prevent SQL injections.

I noticed that datetime() has zero milliseconds for some reason. Now() doesn’t include milliseconds at all. Maybe would be better to show milliseconds too?

I’m thinking about how to store datetime value. There is a data type “datetime” but it probably uses string as an underlying storage format, right? Or int64? Maybe would be a better idea for me to store a datetime value in an int64 as a Unix timestamp. What do you suggest?

This version supports int64 as vertexid but what about int128? It’s needed for storing a UUID in a more compact way then a string. Could you support it too?
2.0 does not support uuid

I read that support of transactions expected to come in v2. Will it be ready after final release of v2? Same question for nodejs client.
v2 ga also does not support transactions

Will it support prepared statements like other DBMS? I want to use them in order to prevent SQL injections.
This is a new feature@stream

I noticed that datetime() has zero milliseconds for some reason. Now() doesn’t include milliseconds at all. Maybe would be better to show milliseconds too?
timestamp returned by now()

I’m thinking about how to store datetime value. There is a data type “datetime” but it probably uses string as an underlying storage format, right? Or int64? Maybe would be a better idea for me to store a datetime value in an int64 as a Unix timestamp. What do you suggest?
We currently store it by year, month, day, hour, minute, second and millisecond