The Nebula Hackathon is an annual event held by the Nebula Graph community. The participating teams should realize a complete project around a specified topic and submit it to the judges. The judges then collectively select winners from the teams.
Nebula Hackathon 2021 is the first hackathon event organized by the Nebula Graph community. The subject of this event is Nebula + X, meaning to explore every possibility about graph database, which can be:
- Database core enhancement. You can enhance the Nebula Graph core codebase, for example, performance tuning, new features, graph language compatibility, etc.
- Extending the Nebula Graph ecosystem. You can help improve the ecosystem around Nebula Graph, for example, developing tools for resource isolation, monitoring and alerting, disaster recovery and backup, smart devops, etc.
- Building graph applications. You can build any application based on Nebula Graph, as long as it makes sense to you. It can be a small smart assistant, or a large database platform.
- Other possibilities. You can do anything that works with Nebula Graph. Imagination is your only limitation.
Please register first and then submit the project proposal. You can participate alone or join a team. Each team has no more than four members.
Hint: Joining a team can help you finish the project.
2021.11.15 - 2021.12.12
Submit registration information:
- Participate as a team. Please describe your project with one sentence and submit your team members. If you want to recruit team members, please check the Recruit option in the form;
- participate as an individual. Please describe your project with one sentence. If you want to join a team, please check the Looking for a Team option in the form;
- Submit RFC
2021.12.01 - 2021.12.12
Please submit your RFC document before the deadline. The document should include the following information:
- Project name
- One-sentence introduction to the project
- Overall description of the project
- Why you participate the event
- Project design
- Project implementation steps
- Business value of the project
- Hacking Time
2021.12.13 - 2021.12.25
Now it’s time for hacking! During this period, you should start coding according to your RFC document. Please remember to submit your code to GitHub under the Apache 2.0 license.
- Demo Time
- 09:00 Hacking and preparing for the presentation slides
- 11:00 Drawing lots to decide the sequence for the presentation
- 12:00 Deadline for code submission and lunch time
- 13:00 Presentation time
- Preliminary Round: 5-minute presenting; Six teams go to the Final round
- Final Round: 10-minute presenting; 5-minute Q & A
Each project can get 0 - 5 scores for each criterion below. And each criterion has its weight in the final score calculation.
- Technical difficulty of the project, score weight 25%
- Value of the project, score weight 25%
- Innovation of the project, score weight 20%
- Completeness of the project, score weight 20%
- Presentation fluency, score weight 10%
Note: The specially-invited judge has only one chance to give 1 point to one team.
- The Best Project
Awarded to the team who acquires the highest score in the event
- The Most Valuable Project
Selected by the judges collectively
- The Most Popular Project
Selected by the Nebula Graph Community
Note: All prize winners should finish the coding of the project, submit the code to GitHub under the Apache 2.0 license, and attend the presentation. Otherwise they are not qualified for the prizes.
For more details, please click here: Nebula Hackathon 2021